About The Empact Summit
Overview | Pre- & Post-Events | History
The Empact Summit on The Future of Entrepreneurship Education is the must-attend, invite-only event that convenes top leaders from different sectors of the entrepreneurship ecosystem (government, investors, foundations, education, corporations, media, entrepreneur support organizations, and entrepreneurs). The last Summit was held at the US Chamber of Commerce, Capitol Hill, and White House and included 300+ delegates.
The mission of the Summit is to spark conversations that facilitate relationship building in order to forge & strengthen bonds in both local and global entrepreneurship ecosystems, thus making entrepreneurship a viable career option.
The Empact Summit is an initiative of Empact. Empact's work focuses on facilitating a culture of entrepreneurship in communities around the world through exposure, celebration and early stage startup support.
Empact has held over 400 events exposing young people to entrepreneurship through its Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour, supporting early stage entrepreneurs through its Virtual Speaker Series, and celebrating the role of young entrepreneurs through its annual Empact100 list and showcase of top young entrepreneurs age 30 and under. To learn about the individuals behind Empact, visit our team page.
The Summit will:
- Provide a forum for the most influential leaders to share ideas.
- Highlight influential leaders & innovative programs in the entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as top young entrepreneurs.
- Connect all segments of the ecosystem:
- The best entrepreneurship education programs with resources that support them.
- Media outlets with top entrepreneurship leaders across the entire field.
- Small business and youth marketing executives at leading companies with the explosive market of young entrepreneurs and the vast ecosystem that is growing around them.
- Policymakers with stakeholders and experts.
- Investors with the top early & growth stage entrepreneurs in America.
- Catalyze the entrepreneurial success, personal development & social impact of young entrepreneurs.
- Demonstrate the importance of entrepreneurship ecosystem to major, societal leaders.
Pre- and Post-Summit Event Goals
An Unconventional Conference
This Summit is NOT about lectures. It IS about discussion, collaboration and action.
The Summit is NOT about sharing best practices. It IS about building sustainable meaningful relationships that last beyond the Summit.
This Summit is NOT about top speakers. The Summit IS about top delegates who contribute to the dialogue and participate in the action. EVERY single participant was chosen for his/her unique ability to contribute from a high level perspective.
The Summit is NOT about one sector of the field. It IS about the entire ecosystem being brought together.
The first Summit was held on February 18, 2011 at the University of Central Florida and was attended by 130 individuals. Collectively, the organizations that participated serve over 30 million aspiring and existing entrepreneurs per year and have given hundreds of millions in donations to the field.
The second Summit was held November 17-19, 2011 in Washington, DC at the US Chamber of Commerce, White House, and Capitol Hill and had over 300 attendees.
To see videos from the last events, visit our YouTube channel.